CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Andi's Birthday Countdown

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 6, 2008

Andi is 3 weeks old!

WOW - I can't believe that Andi is already 3 weeks old! These past few weeks have gone by so quickly and I have LOVED every minute! A few things we've learned:

1. Andi is a great sleeper - well, sort of - I have found that she has really created her own sleeping schedule - it goes like this: Eat at 12, 3, 7 followed by sleep in between -well, that is as long as she is snuggling with one of us - as soon as we put her in her bassinet or crib she wakes up at lets us know she wants out. So, I'll keep trying to put her down and hopefully she'll be sleeping on her own in no time. We're shushing, singing, swinging, swaddeling, pacifying... what else could she possibly need???

2. Andi is a great eater - for a while there we had a bit of trouble with her latch because her mouth was so small - but she has breastfeeding down and LOVES it - this baby is definatly an oral baby - she always wants something in her mouth - preferrably my nipple - YIKES - Thank God for pacifiers!

3. Andi is a super pooper - I think it must be her size - she "blows out" of everything - we have her in preemie diapers and they are still too big. Girl needs to get some junk in that trunk and fill out those diapers.

4. Andi LOVES bathtime (and Kate does too) - this may be one of my favorite times with her - it's amazing how she can be so relaxed and alert at the same time. We've been bathing together and Andi loves to float - wide eyed she looks all around the bathtub and makes the best faces - would show a video -but no need to see me in the bath!

So, there you have it - newborn life is really busy - we're doing our best to keep up with stuff around the house and get out at least 1 time a day. I'm really looking forward to the idea of playgroups - I already know I need adult interaction! Also looking forward to getting to know Andi better - I can't wait to see her personality become more aparent - I already know she's a snuggle bunny!

Well, I'll post some pic's soon!

Love, K

3 comments:

The Myers said...

Awe! I'm so glad you're enjoying mommyhood. What a precious little girl! Can't wait to see y'all tomorrow.

Kim said...

So glad things are going well. She sounds like a wonderful newborn! Looking forward to some snuggle time with her!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you two. Scott and I are ready to see pictures of her since we are not close by. I can't wait to actually meet her. I bet you guys are amazing parents...I bet Moose is loving her too:)