I can't believe that Andi is already 1 month old! I feel like I have known her my whole life! We are getting along great! We headed out for lunch with our friends Laura and baby Caroline Krauss and then spent the evening with Gigi, Baba (my grandparents) and my Mom. Sadly, Ryan is out of town for the week on business and missed apple pie and icecream!
We are looking forward to Daddy's return - it has been a little wierd with just the two of us but we have kept busy. It's been great that Andi has been sleeping through most of the night. She usually wakes me up around 4:00 to eat and then back to sleep for another few hours.
Also, I wanted to give an update on her medical condition: We decided to transfer her care over to Medical City, hopefully we will be more satisfied. Our next appointment will be in November with the Urologist and we will get more information regarding Andi's condition. At this point we know that she has reflux in her right kidney and an enlarged left kidney. We have been giving her a daily antibiotic which will hopefully help prevent urinary tract infections so that she can remain healthy and her kidney functioning will not be stressed. It looks like she will be on antibiotics for 1 year and then we will do another VSUG - a test - to see if she still has refulx.
So, thank you everyone for all of your thoughts and prayers - I am feeling better about the situation. At first it was very hard to get used to the idea that I don't have a "perfectly healthy baby" but then I realized that this is just a minor obsticale that we can deal with and we are blessed and lucky to at least know about it so we can take preventative care! Either way, she is beautiful and I know she is in God's hands!
Love, K
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Andi is 1 month old!
Posted by Ryan and Kate at 4:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Katie and Ryan,
Oh my goodness, you're pictures with Andi are absolutely the sweetest pictures I've ever seen. I'm so excited for y'all! Enjoy these moments with her...they will pass all too quickly. Love all 3 of you!
Lindsay
Post a Comment