CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Andi's Birthday Countdown

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, October 19, 2008

You can do it!!

So, have finally decided it is time for Andi to sleep in her crib on her own. Up until now she has been in bed with us (I know - so controversial) anyway, it has been great - we have had plenty of sleep and have loved the time together. However, Ryan and I decided that it is time for her to move into her own bed which means it's time to transition!

We decided that we would let her cry for 10 minutes in her crib and then pick her up, soothe her, put her down, let her cry 10 min., pick her up, soothe her, put her down etc, until she falls asleep. I've read a lot of books and feel that this is the best option for us right now. Hopefully, we'll have a few tough nights, but will eventually get Andi sleeping on her own.

So - PRAY for us! Last night was a doozie - she was relentless. Ryan's been on sleep/soothe duty tonight from 8:00 to midnight and then I have the all night shift - hopefully she won't be up all night again! We will see!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Hope things are still going well.
PS- I tagged you on my blog

Katie said...

How is it going, Kate? Been praying for you guys and for little Andi to adjust to her crib.