Andi hours after birth at The Birth Center
Hello friends and family,
Well I have finally had the time to jump on and post our latest and most important blog. We welcomed Andi Noelle into the world on Sunday, September 14, 3 weeks before her due date - it was definitely an experience!
Here's the low down if you are interested in reading the details:
9/13 - 10:00 AM - My baby shower - How great -I've finally got everything I need and can get it all set up! It was so great having my friends together to celebrate. I am so thankful for such wonderful friends and family - you all are amazing and I am blessed to have such awesome support and love!
I had a great time opening the gifts - thank you everyone!
Later that night we went to a family dinner and then the nesting really began. For some reason, I can't help it. I have this uncontrollable urge to have everything opened and washed - I want it all to be at least accessible. A crazy amount of adrenaline keeps me going and I stay up til 12:00 organizing and getting the house clean.
9/14 - 10:00 AM - OK - let's get the car seat installed and swing by the BC to see what's going on. We're thinking - probably not today.
2:00 PM - Back at the Birth Center - WOW - what happened - these contractions are huge - and there is no "break" in between - It was more like: Huge Contraction, cramping, Huge contraction, little contraction, cramping, etc. What happened to the "smiley face" stage of labor??? I'm praying - God - please tell me I'm dilating - this is way intense. Ryan is a huge help. We really do work together as a team - he makes great suggestions and I do everything that he says - it was an amazing partnership!
2:30 PM - I need some IV fluids - I'm so weak - I forgot to be drinking water - I was so preoccupied with managing the contractions. So they hook me up and I start doing some pacing. At this time at the BC, they have already had 2 births that morning and another woman is downstairs laboring at the same time! Carol our midwife was AMAZING - she gave great instructions and I just did what she said. However, because of all of the commotion, Ryan and I were really on our own doing most of the work w/o the presence of the BC Team.
3:45 PM - I'm at 3 CM - this is not good - I have to get going! 1/2 a pill of Cytotech and more pacing. They decide to draw me a bath thinking: it's going to take at least another few hours. They also tell me to go outside and start walking around the park. I don't make it that far.
4:10 PM - I think I have to go to the bathroom? I sit down and all of the sudden have a HUGE urge to push - I had no idea it was coming - my body just did it on it's own. But I say: "The baby is coming NOW". The BC Staff hear me downstairs and all 4 come running. They walk me to the bedroom and I squat at the bedpost: 1 huge push and I say: "I can feel her head coming out!" Her head touches the floor. The BC Staff is racing around trying to get the bed ready. I make it onto the bed by the time the next contraction hits and I give 2 pushes.
4:20 PM - Ryan reaches down and catches Andi. He places her on my belly and I am so amazed - are you really here? Of course tears come and I have an overwhelming sense of relief, joy, excitement, love. She's as healthy as can be and my body has responded great - no muscular tearing but a few surface lesions need to be stitched. This was actually more painful than the pushing stage. After 40 minutes of stitching they are able to stop the bleeding and I finally can rest with our little girl. We spent the evening at the BC. It was sweet family time! We also had a few family visitors!
We've had a few visitors swing by the house. I'll be posting more pics soon!



12 comments:
Great pictures! She is sweet! I must say Kate, you look great in all these pics! Whats your secret? Glad all Andi is settling in at home after a few nights at home. I feel the Lord stirring in your family, what great answer to prayer! Love u all!
you do look great and she is so precious. I am glad she is here! Let me bring you a meal...
Love the picture of you and Ryan looking at Andi after she is born. She is beautiful...just like her mommy! :)
She is Beautiful! Congratulations. Love her name,and love her already,
xox
Skye
Yeah! Great pictures! We are SO happy for y'all. She is beautiful.
Yah! She is here and it sounds like it went quick and smoothly. You look awesome and Andi is absolutely precious-so tiny! 5lbs?! I know you and Ryan will have an amazing time with her. Hope to catch up with you soon! Lots of love to the new family!
I am so excited for you! I got the text that she was on her way but I didn't know if she actually decided to make an appearance on Sunday until late this week. I've seen some very cute baby alpaca baby wear...she and Evan are definitely going to be sporting the latest in Peruvian styles. Miss and love you!
Kay Beth
She is soooooo tiny and cute !!!!!! Kate you have a beautiful family, Congratulations. God Bless You all !!!
Vanessa
YAY!! I cannot wait to meet her! I am so glad everything went so smoothly! We really miss you at the office!
Becky E.
Aw-congrats! Andi is beautiful & I LOVE her name! So cute! Kate, you look great =)
I would love to come over & meet Andi & see you Kate...let me know!
Take care & hope to see you all soon.
Love,
Jenn
kate~
congrats! what a miracle! i loved reading your birth story.
chrys
She's beautiful! Congratulations!!! We can't wait to meet her! Love, Reagan, Katie, & Will
Post a Comment