CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Andi's Birthday Countdown

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The BIG 30!

Well it was my 30th birthday yesterday and I really had a great day. Ryan and I really enjoyed the weekend - he surprised me with a nice long prenatal massage and it was AWESOME! I really do need to do this more often. For some reason it seems so easy to save these sort of things for "special occasions" but I have decided to turn a new leaf and do them just because. Why not? Hopefully as I move towards motherhood and the business to come I will remember to take time for myself to relax and enjoy "me time".

Last night we celebrated with a fondue dinner to die for! It was so fun getting out and spending a few hours over dinner. I really enjoyed our time together and realized that I am so lucky to be married to my best friend (most of the time -he he)!

So, in moving towards the next 30 years (God willing) I hope to remember some of the following:

1. Prioritize me
2. Prioritize us - always have time for fun with just R and I.
3. Relax more - dishes don't always have to be done after dinner and it's ok to have a messy home if there is something more important going on.
4. Live in the moment - For those of you who really know me - you know that the serenity prayer has been an important prayer in my life. I hope I continue to live by some of these words:
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time, accepting hardship as a pathway to peace. Taking as Jesus did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it. Trusting that you will make all things right if I surrender to your will. So that I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with you forever in the next. Amen".

Would love to hear some of your thoughts - What is important for you to remember???

6 comments:

The Myers said...

Yeah Kate! I'm so glad you had a great b-day. I was thinking of you.

Kim said...

Eric got me a prenatal massage for my bday last year and I agree they are awesome! And the fondue dinner sounds so yummy! Glad you had a great day.
Welcome to the 30 club!

Jen said...

Happy belated b-day!! Sounds like it was wonderful. Not too much longer until you all get to meet that precious little girl. So...does she have a name yet?! Love ya!

Cindy said...

Happy birthday! Let me know what you think about 30- my big day is coming up in a couple months!

Elizabeth said...

So glad that you had a great 30th!
A new decade is so fun and scary all at the same time. YEA for being pampered on your big day! See you soon!

Edna said...

Glad you enjoyed your birthday Kate! Welcome to the 30's they aren't bad. God still meets me in them and thats what is important! Praying for your health and peace. I also need to remember to rest and enjoy life. Thanks for being such a great encouragement to me!
love, Edna