CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Andi's Birthday Countdown

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Baking Pies!

It has finally come down to a pie baking contest! YES - this will be how we decide who will win - oops - I mean have the honor of naming our baby! Here's the scoop: We were lying in bed watching the Food Network Channel and I had a prego freak out moment and finally said - "Well, let's just flip a coin - whoever wins can name the baby - or we might as well just bake a pie and have a taste testing contest."

To my surprise, Ryan laughed and said "That's a great idea - you're a terrible baker" WELL - I admit - I am no Martha Stewart when it comes to baking- and yes, I have had a few (or more than a few) experiences with burning bread or baking cookies- after all this is hereditary and a Burrus family trait. But - the REASON - I burn bread is that I get so busy multitasking that I forget about the bread - and then we all can imagine what happens.

So - I have accepted Ryan's Challenge - I think he's in for quite a surprise and this Sunday he will eat his words about my baking skills as I triumphantly name our first born baby girl! Here are the details about the contest:

1. NO HELP - we can only do research online and through cookbooks
2. It must be an apple pie
3. We will use the same crust - but the filling/topping will be where we are judged.
4. We'll invite friends over on Sunday for the taste test to see who wins - they will not know who baked what so there is no bias.

Now - are we taking this seriously or what!!! I'll follow up with some pic's as well as an announcement re: baby D's name.

I hope I don't eat my words!

Kate

0 comments: