Here's some history on our pregnancy:
It was January and I had a feeling this would be the month! I took the last prego test that we had and sure enough it came back with two lines - faint - but there were definately two! Ryan, bieng the cautious, let's not get our hopes up, excitement squashing husband (a bit of an overstatement) drove to the store to get the most expensive test he could find to "make sure". Well the 2nd test read "pregnant" and of course I cried and said, "I know it's going to be a girl!". He had a big toothy grin and we sat in disbelief thinking, "whoa - this is wierd" and "everything is going to change"! That night I called my sis and forced her to keep it all a secret until I could tell M&D Burrus a few weeks later when they would be in town from Bellingham. What a night!That next weekend, we decided to head to Waco to share the big news with M&D Dodd. We swung by the Baylor Bookstore and picked up a T-Shir for both of us and a bib for Baby D. We met Jan and Charlie at lunch and showed them our purchases and shared the news! After lunch we all enjoyed a Baylor basketball game with great tickets and - I just happened to get chosen to shoot a few baskets at 1/2 time! It was a great day and Ryan and I loved seeing Charlie and Jan's reaction - they will be AWESOME grandparents and we are counting on them spoiling Baby D!
A few weeks later, M&D Burrus came in town for a visit. Immediately I sat them down and Ryan and I showed them pictures of our recent Christmas trip. As we progressed through the pictures we got to the Baylor Basketball gam pic's and Ryan stated, "Well, the next pic is the real slam dunk" Sure enough, the next photo was Ryan and I holding up our prego sticks - M&D squealed with joy and of course the Burrus clan cried. I am so excited that they will be just around the corner and will be here to help with the baby! What a HUGE blessing - Thank you God for answering this prayer! The next day we met for lunch and shared the good news with my Grandmother, Dorothy Burrus - she's excited to expect her 2nd great grandchild!
So, we were cautious for the first trimester - we told our friends and family, but tried to keep our emotions in check just in case. Ryan and I attended multiple visits to our Birthing Center and also had the joy of taking a few sono's and hearing the heartbeat during our 1st trimester. Of course, I cried every time, and at our 13 week appointment, I couldn't keep myself from squeezing the life out of Ryan's hand as we waited in anticipation of those quick beats. Sure enough those quick beats came and the emotions I had cautiously suppressed immediately went out the window! 
At our 19 week checkup it was time to find out the sex of the baby! We wanted a reason to celebrate and so thought a "sex party" would be appropriate with all of our family and friends present. I had the doctor keep the sex a secret and write it down on a piece of paper and place it in a sealed envelope. I gave the envelope to my friend Kim Tingle who got a cake made and brought it to the party a few days later were we were all be surprised to find out "It's a girl!"
Here are a few pictures of the big reveal:


This is a picture of some of the family members who were present - I was very fortunate to have my Aunt JoBeth attend the party - she just happened to be there celebrating Mother's Day! In all, we had about 25 people attend - It was so fun and we all had a great time!So, that pretty much brings us up to date! Since then, I've registered and have had fun shopping on Craig's List for baby furnature - if anyone has anything they are selling - let me know! We are excited to move into our new home and start a new portion of our life. Transition is hard, but soooo worth it!!!
Love, Kate




2 comments:
Love the new blog! Can't wait for baby girl Dodd!
So excited you started a blog. Love it! As for names, I like Noelle. :)
Post a Comment