CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Andi's Birthday Countdown

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Pregnancy

Well, I thought it was about time to give an update on our pregnancy! So far things have progressed as expected. Here are a few of my favorites and dislikes about pregnancy:

1. I love feeling her - I feel so privledged to have such an intimate connection with her - I am the only one in this whole world who feels EVERY move she makes. What an honor!

2. I love our birth class "homework" - what a great way for Ryan and I to connect - so far we have been pretty faithful with our prego exercises - my favorite has to be practicing relaxation - are you kidding me? This is AWESOME!

3. I love it when people touch my belly - HMMMM - this is wierd I know - but I do - I think it is great to acknowledge life in the womb! A gentle touch is nurturing to me and always makes me smile.

4. I love the dieting/exercise "rules" - I really thought I'd have a hard time with this one - don't get me wrong, sometimes it is difficult - but I actually enjoy the responsibilty that I have been given to nurture this baby and I have found it is also the best way for me to nurture myself! Thank you God for a swimming pool - swimming laps has definately been a lifesaver through these HOT 100 degree days.

5. I miss a good margarita! Enough said.

6. I miss sleeping through the night - waking up 3 times a night is rediculous - at least 2 potty stops, and then at 4:30 I am SOOO Hungry - I go to the kitchen eat an apple and go back to bed. I have a feeling I will have to get used to interupted sleep - YUCK.

7. I miss sushi! This will be one of the first things I do once the baby comes - spicy tuna hand roll here I come!

8. I miss my old walk - I've definately had more of a waddle in my walk - I think I look rediculous and I'm just not comfortable - most days - especially at night and in the AM I feel like my pelvic bones are moving - maybe they are!

Anyway, here are some recent thoughts - I'll upload prego pic's soon.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I didn't know you were a sushi fan. We will have to go get some once baby girl comes...and maybe a margarita too. :)

Unique Gowns said...

Spicy tuna roll.... I think it is just yum.....:) Best wishes Dana

Jen said...

The interrupted sleep is definitely practice for the months to come! But everyone told me once you make to the 3 month mark it gets a TON better-so true! Last night Peyton slept from 9:30 until 7am! I was a little uncomfortable but it was great.:)

Unknown said...

Love reading your blog, Katie!
Keep it coming. Love you! Skye